Words of Mine; An Introduction


I love the sound of words; of letters strung together. Words are like little puzzles and when put together correctly they can invoke pictures of images yet unseen. I see my thoughts like a perfect sequence of still photographs and I find those visions entertaining. The stories I gather from cobwebbed corners, or the vivid thoughts that float lazily through my mind, or the rapid fire ideas all force me to write them down before they evaporate; I can't help but think others might just find them as interesting as I do. Perhaps the little stories you read will make your day a little brighter.


Wednesday, June 26, 2013

KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN

Last Wednesday my kickstarter campaign went live.  After so many years of writing, worrying, editing, rewriting and self doubt, I've finally gotten to a happy place with my story The Gift of Story; a Faerie's Tale.  I'm excited and nervous.  Will I get the money I need?  What if I don't?  I hate asking for money, it feels so selfish but that is how much I believe in this book.  I know people will love it and to have something tangible in my hands that I created...just the idea gets me buzzed.
Within three days I've met a 4th of my goal and the money has come from surprising places.  I am so lucky to have the support I do.  My friends and family cheer me on, strangers give my project money and I sit here, humbled by such generosity.  Still, I have a ways to go and have to keep plugging myself and my book in all my conversations; which makes me feel a little whorish, honestly.
Well, we'll see in a month how it goes, but for now I choose to be optimistic that I will reach my goal.
Thanks,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment