Words of Mine; An Introduction


I love the sound of words; of letters strung together. Words are like little puzzles and when put together correctly they can invoke pictures of images yet unseen. I see my thoughts like a perfect sequence of still photographs and I find those visions entertaining. The stories I gather from cobwebbed corners, or the vivid thoughts that float lazily through my mind, or the rapid fire ideas all force me to write them down before they evaporate; I can't help but think others might just find them as interesting as I do. Perhaps the little stories you read will make your day a little brighter.


Sunday, February 1, 2015

Siberian Guests Part 2

“No.” “I have one over here,” said Ginger as she gently tugged on Lizzy. Lizzy let go of Ginger’s hand and found the wall. “Which was should we go?” “This way, the way we are facing,” said Ginger. “Why?” “I don’t know, cuz you asked me?” “Okay.” The women started walking, slowly and with an arm out. Ginger was in front and would sort of kick her foot out to see there was anything in the way or a dead end. “Then didn’t we call the number the guy at the after party gave us?” asked Ginger “Yes, and then he said to meet him on the other side of the resort, then he’d take us to the aliens” said Lizzy. “Did we walk?” asked Ginger. “No, we stole one of the golf carts,” said Lizzy. “Jesus. I don’t remember any of this.” “Then you also don’t remember talking about what the alien’s genitals look like,” said Lizzy. “Nope. I guess it would depend on if the aliens were humanoid or not,” said Ginger. “Which is exactly what you said last night,” said Lizzy. “Good to know I can think clearly even when black out shitfaced,” said Ginger. “Okay, so I remember stealing the golf cart and driving across the Siberian Oasis Resort, but that is it. I don’t remember if we willingly got into a car, if we were drugged or we both passed out…” “I just remember talking about going to see aliens with that guy from the bar. No, I mean after party, wait, I feel like I saw him at both places. Is that right or am I starting to feel hung over?” said Ginger. It was true; the adrenaline of finding themselves tied up and underground was wearing off and as they trudged on in the dark, the drugs and alcohol from the night before began to take a toll. “God! Where are we?” asked Lizzy to Ginger, to the wall they clung to, to the path they walked along and maybe even to God himself. They had no idea how long they’d been walking but they did know that their bodies ached, and the shoes they’d worn the night before, the shoes that made them hot and sexy, were the very worst for grappling a pitch-black underground road. Ginger finally broke down and took off her shoes. Whatever bug life might crawl over her toes would make her cringe and squirm, but it was better than walking around in three-inch heels. Lizzy held out a little longer but then she too had enough and took to carrying her sling backs. “What I wouldn’t give for my phone right now,” said Ginger. “I doubt you’d get reception,” replied Lizzy. “Duh, no, I meant for a light,” said Ginger. As if by magic, the total darkness became light. Not bright, but after hours of complete darkness even the dim lights took the ladies by surprise. “What the fuck?” said Lizzy as she rubbed her eyes. The light almost stung it’d been so long. “How the? I just said, uh, I wanted my phone for the light…” and again like magic, the lights went off. “Nonononono! I want light,” said Ginger and the lights came back on. “Light,” said Lizzy. The lights went out. “Light,” said both of them and the lights went back on. After a minute of rejoicing and rubbing their eyes and getting used to the lights, they inspected their surroundings. They were in a tunnel like hallway made of hard packed earth. Above was a network of metal that maybe supported the floor above. There were pipes, big and small, also running up towards the ceiling of this passage. The hallway was narrow but they could walk side by side and it wasn’t tall, but easily twice as tall as the ladies. The dim lights, which Ginger and Lizzy were now adjusted to, were embedded in the walls of the hallway, one every few yards. The ground was also packed dirt. “Where the hell are we?” asked Ginger. “And how did we not say the word lig…” Ginger covered Lizzy’s mouth before she could finish. “In case they don’t turn on again. Or if someone is watching us and playing cruel jokes,’ she explained. “If someone is watching us then we are fucked no matter what,” retorted Lizzy. They kept walking and soon they came to an alcove. There were two other corridors leading out of the alcove and a door. The corridors were pitch black but as Ginger passed by the first one she said “Light” and it lit up the same way the one they came from did. This corridor seemed to go on endlessly and didn’t give either woman a good feeling. The continued on to the second corridor and Ginger again said, “Light” and again it lit up. This one only went a little ways before it turned left. “I would rather go this way,” said Ginger. “Lets check out that door looking thing first,” said Lizzy. As they approached the door they saw that there wasn’t a handle of any kind, nor were there any buttons or plaques or anything to indicate what this door was or where it led. Lizzy moved forward to touch the door and as soon as she stepped about a foot closer, it began to open. She jumped back to where Ginger was and it began to close. “So. Do we go through the door? Do we go down the hallway?” asked Lizzy. “Open the door again,” said Ginger. “You do it,” said Lizzy. There’s a time for screwing, for loving and for self-preservation. Lizzy felt this was time for the latter. Ginger went up and stayed while the door opened. She turned around to see Lizzy covering her face and peeking through her fingers. “You freaking whanny-pants. Its an elevator,” said Ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment